Thursday, February 19, 2009

BACK IN BLACK

The KRUGERRAND. The original gold coin bought as an investment in Gold. The RAND is the money of South Africa. Paul Kruger was the Boor Hero and Prime Minister of South Africa.

Back in 2007 as the US Dollar was slipping into Peso status, I decide to buy gold. In February 2008 I bought Krugerrands and the next day they dropped in value. See chart below. I bought at the highest point in history and they dropped for the last year in value. But today they are back.


The world markets are falling like crazy and people with any money at all are searching for a safe place to put the cash. GOLD is once again the answer. At $1,023 for a one ounce coin, you can hold $10,000 in one hand. Pam thought I was crazy a year ago. Now lets wait and see if Gold goes to $2,000 and ounce. It made USA Today.......so my guess is everyone will be buying.

No comments: