Monday, June 15, 2009

OLD GUYS

We bought Grand Torino and I just loved it.

We don't go to the movies unless it is a movie Jack wants to see. I think I am taking him to Transformers next week. Jack did not mention Grand Tornio so we missed it at the Theatre. It came out this week on DVD and I bought it at Target.

Jack kept saying he wanted to watch it. "Daddy are there guns in this movie? I wanna watch it." So last night we watched it and Jack fell asleep. Not nearly enough action for him. Me, I cried at least three times. It was like having my Dad back for 90 minutes. Only my Dad was always great with me and Walt, in the movie, doesn't care for his sons.

My Dad didn't fight in Korea. He landed on the beach on Okinawa. But Dad never really liked the Japanese and he hated "jap cars". He was attacked by a Japanese soldier with a sword on Okinawa and Dad kill him. He brought his sword home. I still have it.

Dad taught me about being a father and made me the person I am today. He was tough. He told me he wasn't good at anything, except killing men and he was lucky the war came along when it did. He and Walt would have liked to sit on the front porch and talk to the dog.

No comments: