Sunday, February 14, 2010

V-DAY

It was five years ago today. I was working at Slade Gorton and Pam was working for Cargil. We lived in the Shadow Canyon condo, the "Trailer in the Sky". Pam and I met for lunch at Elephant Bar. I knew somethings was up when Pam sat down and ordered diet coke.

She told me she had tested positive and was going to have a baby. Pam never wanted children. After two days of drinking in Cabo we decided to have a child. Our age differences, carried to the extreme, means that Pam will be alone after I am dead. Pam's family have never supported or understood her. It became clear....she needed to create her own family for her long term future.

Little did we know that on that day, five years ago, we would be having Jack. Today, Pam has the family she has always wanted. A son who loves her more than anything and who tells her, ..."Mommy, we are best friends". Best Friends at the Beach on Valentines Day. I love you both. Thanks Pam for the son who reminds me of myself and my Dad.

No comments: