Thursday, September 9, 2010

SO MANY THINGS


I just don't know where to begin. I think the Burning of the Quran nonsense has me the most upset. What does book burning say about people? The Nazi's were big on Book Burning.

I am not a believer. I remember as a boy thinking, "So where is this god? If he is so powerful and knows everything, why does he hide out?" I have never gotten a straight answer on any of these questions. People brush it off as "faith". I tend to live with the laws of Physics in a real world. Regardless, this book burning isn't even about religion. The Books are just the written word of beliefs. You can argue that you don't believe in something but still support the idea that people have a right to what they believe, and a right to print it. Book burning says you don't support these rights, or is it writes?

The "preacher", Terry Jones, can't really be a minister or a Christian if he supports something as stupid as book burning. The believers always say, "What would Jesus do?" He sure as hell would not burn books.

I get numerous really dumb shit comments on FaceBook from "right wing Christian patriots" who strongly support burning what they call "COR-RONS". I am just amazed at the ongoing depth of stupidity among people who call themselves conservatives and Christians. Book burning seems to me like the act of a coward, or worse a Nazi.

No comments: