Thursday, November 15, 2007

Too bitter?

Pam says I am too bitter. No, she did not say bitter....let me think ...she said "your blog is too ....harsh? vicious? no, vitriolic" I forget. But I think she is saying I am too negative about the things I write.

I don't think I am negative or bitter. I don't get too many comments back so it is hard to tell. Roger did email me about my views on the god-myth. I respect Roger and his opinion. He may be right. [doubt it] I guess something has to be important before I write about it. There are lots of things that happen that I just skip. My motorcycle needs washing...but I don't think it is important enough to write about.

There are things that happen that are wonderful. I wrote about the fire and how our home was saved. I was very happy and impressed with the fire department. I have explained how I feel about illegal immigrants. That reminds me of the joke about the married couple from Arkansas who move to Missouri....it's a legal question. Are they still cousins after they cross state lines? Anyway, I like immigrants and think they make the country stronger, just as the Irish, Germans, and Italians did a century ago. I don't think that is negative. I also have a strong positive attitude about humanity. We have faced some tough stuff over the last 10,000 years. War, plague, and christianity did not stop us. My guess is we will go on and beat global warming and terrorism.

The big positives in my life are my wife and kids. I love them and I am really proud of them. Pam has done very well from our first meeting at the Onion to her sale today to Sysco San Francisco. "At a girl", as a drunken Scotsman would say. Jennifer has a new job and her hands full with four kids. Kate is a great mother and she has two wonderful children. Meredith is off to San Francisco. She has a job and she is getting good grades. Colleen has two jobs and goes to College. Jack is becoming a "buster"....stop it Daddy be nice. If I have'nt said it, I am very proud of my family and they make me happy, each in a different way.

So, if I sound negative or vitriolic [you can look that up] it is only because I haven't been writing about the good things as much as I should. I will work on that. Send me your comments. You too Cody.

No comments: