Tuesday, January 5, 2010

THE END of 2009

It's over. 2009 is history. It was a year of the worst financial mess in modern times. America and the World almost had a financial collapse.

Things were not so bad for me and those I know. Yes, Jennifer has a house in U City she needs to sell. Beyond that, things were not as bad as they appeared in the news. I was laid off from Empress. That led to me starting my own business working from home. Necessity, the mother of invention. Frank Zappa was right. My modest business was successful and we had enough left over for our annual Holiday Party. An added plus, I got to meet and work with Jay Gallagher. I feel like I have known Jay all my life.

Meredith graduated from College, or at least completed her class work and is now ready to find a full time job or attend Grad School. She and Shaun have a new Apartment in San Francisco. Wow, how cool is that? To be 24 and living in the City by the Bay. Just a cable car ride from the Buena Vista. Nice job Mere. You had a dream and you made it come true. I am really proud of you.

Colleen is finished with Orange Coast and trying to transfer to Cal State Fullerton. She seems really happy with Cameron. Her job at the Counter is steady and she will be turning 21 in March. That should lead to a new career opportunity involving beverages. I think Colleen is the happiest she has ever been. She took me to lunch in Laguna for my Birthday and it made my day.

Jack is four. He is wonderful and spends too much time with grown ups. Some of this time is spent watching "bad guy movies". We need to keep an eye on him to make sure he understands they are just make believe.

Pam is also doing great. Her job could not get any better. She turned down a promotion because she wanted an office and they only offered a cubicle. Her sales results exceeded budget and she is respected by the people she works with. If only her mother, Becky, would appreciate her as much as Jack, me, and her employer. But that is Becky's problem and not Pam's.

So it wasn't such a bad year. On the usual scale it came out about an 8.7. Julie had us all together for Christmas Dinner as one family. Thanks again Julz. Greg came to visit for a week and we got to catch up. Yes, I wish Becky and Pam would resolve their issues. But, I don't miss Becky, Dug, or Emily. I wish Kate and Jennifer would come visit or call. I have tried to stay in touch with them.

I wish things were perfect. This gives me something to work on in 2010.



No comments: