Tuesday, November 16, 2010

ARE WE BECOMING SHEEP?

I have heard from my wonderful wife and a few dear friends that I am "carrying on" about some of my gripes. Clearly, I like the iPad and hate the strip search by the TSA [Try Standing Around]. I am also concerned that our government has a leadership void. The Kalifornia Election is over and Jerry won, even if Prop 19 did not pass. I guess my underlying concern is that I am alone in these concerns.

Most of Amerika does not know their congressman or congressperson. Many of the people with whom I have worked think Washington and Washington are the same place....like near Seattle. Nobody seems too concerned about most of the issues I write. Are we becoming sheep? Should I focus on Dancing with the Stars and not BBC World News?

What does it take to make Amerika care about politics, economics, or personal freedom? One good point about 9/11 is it was a cold slap in the face. Do we need a crisis every ten years to keep the attention of the masses?

No comments: