Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The LOS ANGELES Auto Show


It's that time again. Time to go downtown and walk around to look at new cars. Dad used to take me to the Auto Dealers back when I was a kid. They would have grand openings to show the new cars. This happened in October each year and they served coffee and cookies. Dad and I would go look at the new cars and stand around with the guys.

Later, as Dad and I got older, we would go to the Bel-Clair fairgrounds back in Belleville to see the new cars. It wasn't much of an auto show...kind of small. Regardless, Dad liked to walk around and look at the cars and it always reminded me of those early years when we went to the dealers.

Dad is gone. He never got to see the LA Auto Show. I'm taking Jack and Pam this year. I want to start a new tradition with Jack going to see the new cars and standing around with the guys. The LA Auto Show runs 11/21 thru 11/30 at the LA Convention Center. Kids under 12 are free, but they will have years of memories.

No comments: