Wednesday, November 19, 2008

PRIDE


There are moments in a father's life that really make it all worth while. Nobody understands this but the parents, who have worked so hard to help make their children's lives a success. I never understood my Mom when she talked about these moments in my life with her. Sorry, Mom...now I get it.

As I write this, tears roll down my face thinking of the day Colleen passed her drivers test. She tried and failed but came back and did it. I was so proud of her. I was proud of Meredith the night she ran on the stage to help Colleen sing her song in the Christmas Play. I was proud of Jennifer when she graduated college, in spite of a family history of problems. Last night I nearly burst into tears when Jack went "potty" on his own. He has worked really hard to be a "big boy" and to stop wearing diapers. He was soooo proud of himself and I am so proud of him. If my Mom was alive, she would agree. It is these little things that make being a parent wonderful.

No comments: