Tuesday, November 25, 2008

THANKSGIVING 2008



I just want to say, thanks. I am the luckiest guy on earth. I have had a wonderful life and my future looks even better.

I was lucky to have Bill and Mary Helen for my parents. I never appreciated them enough when they were alive. As I have gotten older I understand the sacrifices they made and how much they cared about me. I knows it's late, but thanks Mom and Dad. You were great and you made me what I am today.

I have also been lucky to have Greg Manning for my friend. Greg and I sat next to each other in Physics at Austin High School. We became friends and room mates in College. Greg was best man at three of my weddings. After 40 years, Greg is the person I have known the longest and he has always been there when I needed him. Thanks Greg, I am really sorry I missed the plane back in 1970.

I have been lucky to have great children. None of them went "wrong" and got into serious trouble. They were all smart, if a little hard headed. They have made me proud to be their father. Jennifer, Kate, Meredith, Colleen, and Jack are all wonderful in their own way and I am thankful for knowing them.

I am lucky to have met Pam Olroyd. We met by accident at the Onion in Urbana, Illinois. She had a broken toe and I was sitting in on her job interview. Bob "Splanet" never understood us. We knew within the first five minutes that we hit it off. From Gin Blossoms to the TPS report, Pam understands me and appreciates me like no other person I have known. I'm proud she is my wife and I love her more each day. Thanks Pam for being....perfect.


My life has been wonderful and I do not take it for granted. I am really thankful. Thankful for the tree house my Dad helped me build in Omaha. Thankful that my Mom made me punch Pat Bowler when he chased me home after school. Thankful that Dad taught me to drive on the Autobahn and Mom taught me to drink Irish Whiskey. Thankful that Pam hasn't complained about the price of Gold. It's all been great and I am really thankful.

No comments: