Thursday, December 4, 2008

MY OFFICE

The Office I work in sucks. I'm not talking about my job. My job is OK and the Company is OK too. I'm talking about the Building and Office in which I work. It is just plain awful.


My current office is at 16700 Valley View Ave in La Mirada, California. We moved here 18 months ago and it has been terrible. Our Company had a wonderful office located about three miles from my home. Everyone in our Office complained about the location because it was too far to drive....except for me. We looked for a new office to rent that was cheaper and centrally located. We got both. Now the office is 25 miles from my home. It is cheaper but that isn't a good thing.

Our Old Office was in a brand new Office Building up in the hills over looking Orange County. We had a fitness center, and kitchen, and cable TV. Parking was never a problem and there was a Deli in the next building. Sweet ! Our new office is in a 25 year old building in a warehouse district. We have a room we call the kitchen. It has a sink with no hot water. On cool days it is cold in the office. We complained yesterday after a week of working in our coats and they checked. It was 55 degrees in the office. The Men's Rest Room is frequently closed for repair. A month ago, it flooded water down the hall. There is no food or vending equipment in the building.

In short the Office and the Building sucks. This morning I came to work and the doors would not open....even though I have a pass key. The ground floor of our Office Building has a "Medical Office". This is really a drug testing center. The people who wander around the building are....what you might expect at a drug testing center.

The issue here is NOT the Building. The problem is the Office Management Company. They are OPTIMA Asset Management. You can go to their web site to read the Blah blah blah. http://www.optimaasset.com/ The short version is they do as little as possible and only respond to a problem after you complain twice in writing. They want all complaints sent to them by email. The person who answers the email quit and now we don't get answers.

No comments: