Monday, April 13, 2009

SHEEP WAITING IN LINE

This photo of sheep tells the whole story. It is the dumbest story ever told but you need to hear it so as to help me save mankind.

Saturday we went to South Coast Plaza. Pam bought an ARMANI suit. [Yes that is another long story.....a $3,500 story] As we drove into the mall parking lot we saw a loooong line of cars waiting to exit. The line went out to the freeway on ramp. I thought it was strange but, it's the weekend and maybe the economy is better than we think.

We finally got the suit. Pam wears a 34 in Italian size. Only a few 34's are available in ARMANI suits. You would think they would make more. It is a VERY NICE BLACK SUIT. It should be.

As we drove out the long line was there waiting for us to exit. We waited as it slowly took us up and over the freeway to the 405 on ramp. Then down the ramp. I saw the problem. People were stopping for the on ramp light that controls traffic entering the freeway. I thought it odd that the light would be working on the weekend. It is really to control traffic during rush hour.

As we approached the light I saw that THE LIGHT WAS OFF. It was not working. People were stopping just as if it were on. It wasn't flashing...it was off. And, stay with me, people were stopping. They would wait for the light to change, until they felt really stupid, and then they would drive away. But worse the people behind them paid no attention and when it was their turn...THEY STOPPED FOR THE LIGHT TOO. When I got to the light, the car in front of me was sitting there...waiting. I honked and then as if she had been hit on the head, the Chinese lady in the Mercedes, drove off. I just drove through and kept going.

Behind me I could see people still stopping. Waiting for a light, that wasn't working, to change.

Mankind has become too stupid to know when the stop light ISN'T WORKING. Soon we will need a text message to tell us to urinate. We are becoming Sheep.

1 comment:

Amy Carroll said...

i'm laughing outloud. but so true.

and you weren't joking in your e-mail about the armani suit! hope it was a good luck charm for pam. i could have told you, whatever size she is in italian, they don't make many that small. ;-) tell her hey from me!