Tuesday, December 15, 2009

12-15-47 to 12-15-09

Sometimes when you start something you just aren't sure if you will ever get to the finish.

Today is my birthday. I am 62 and eligible to collect Social Security. Everyone who has a job and has paid into this so called, retirement safety net, should be happy for me. This doesn't mean I am going to start collecting my money. They have it set up in a way so as to encourage you to wait and collect at 66. That's' four years from now.

Regardless, I made it this far and I was never very sure that I would live this long. I have had a crazy life and by all accounts I should have been dead in the 1970s. Luck and Common Sense prevailed and it feels good to finally be at a point where the government will start paying me.

I'm going to Laguna Beach for Lunch with Colleen. She's driving so, I might just have a few sips of the sauce. Thanks Mom for this day back in 1947. You and Dad did a great job and not a day goes by that I don't think of you.

No comments: