Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Meredith . . . an UPDATE


After nearly 50 attempts, Meredith, the "only real adult" [see a recent photo as proof to the right] answered my call. She is "over it". This is her way of saying she does not want to be told to grow up or accept responsibility for her decisions. Meredith prefers to hide from the truth. She says I have "screwed her over" for the last time. It's hard to type this, and not fall off my chair laughing. I asked her what have I done? She quickly jumps to another subject and yells out..."I'm done with you and your wife."

So, Meredith is going to "show" me and NOT take the money from the Loan that she applied for in my name. Damn, that hurts. The good news is I won't have to chase her down over the next 120 months for the repayment. The REAL good news is this has worked out just fine. Meredith is accepting responsibility for herself and her decisions. Even if it means she is blaming me for everything.

I'm still concerned that she is much too volatile. Meredith likes to explode and over react without a complete understanding of the situation. It's sort of like taking your car to a mechanic who only has a hammer. Regardless of the problem, he beats the engine to fix it. Sounds silly doesn't it.

[Scott used to say add oil to fix every problem....remember?]

Well, Meredith has only one solution to her problems. Regardless of the issue or the facts, Meredith explodes, gets mad, swears, makes crazy claims, and over reacts. In cases where it is remotely possible, she blames me, her father, for the problem. As a Psychologist, I think this is learned behavior.

Meredith grew up watching Julie solve problems the same way. I still remember when Julie wanted to buy a sweater and waited in line to check out. It was taking her longer then she liked. After a few minutes, she threw the sweater in the air, swore and stomped out of the store. This should have been a sign for me. I ignored it and married her anyway.

Meredith has seen this same behavior dozens of times. Now she is copying Julie and solving her own problems the same way. Throw the sweater Mere....maybe that will help. You won't have the sweater, but try not to think it through. Or, Swear at somebody. Or, better, blame DAD....Julie has told you for 20 years he is to blame for everything.

That no good asshole, DAD. He gave you your furniture and rented a truck to move you to San Francisco. Then he took you and Shaun to dinner and gave you cash to help you settle in. Worse, he took you to the VW dealer and said "pick the car you want." You picked the white convertible and drove it off the lot. Then, when you hit the guy at school, he fixed the car for you. And, when you hit the police car....that sorry sack of shit for a father,...he fixed it again. Yes...blame DAD. He deserves it for all these awful things he did over the years. Like the time he took you and your limp ass boy friend Scott skiing. Rented you equipment, bought lift tickets, and you guys sat in the lodge all day drinking coffee. Turns out Scott did not know shit about snow boards. Or when you and Scott had a fight and you needed help skipping out on your apartment lease.....who did you call.......sorry ass DAD.

Ya, blame DAD. He hasn't done anything right. I only hope you live long enough to have children who treat you this same way. Oh, and nice photo of you in your underwear, on the floor, chugging vodka.....real adult...ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Julie should be proud.

2 comments:

Michael May said...

Meredith,
You started the Bad Blogs about Daddy long before me....and good work on that Pixar job. I'm proud of you.

Note: you do not deny anything I have written. A picture is worth a 1,000 words

Never Not Cute said...

I'm not chugging vodka and again get over yourself.

The bad blogs about you are not bad by any means its me getting my point across the same way that you do. I wasn't the first person to say anything either you started this back in august. but I am pretty sure you don't know how to handle things any other way than to verbally abuse people. Its gotten you really far hasn't it? I can sit here and deny things or say that you don't put up all of facts only the facts that portray you as some sort of victim but in the end nothing happens. Your'e still and asshole and I'm still a drunk (in your eyes at least). Quite frankly, its not even really that offensive to me, I mean the first person I drank with was YOU. The first person that bought me alcohol was...YOU AGAIN. And the person that drives me to the bottle 9 times out of 10 is you. So erase my comments and keep your'e one sided observations they get you nowhere and in the end you have always been the adult and have always acted a child. You can say that act like now but you have never handled things in a responsible manner. Again, back to hiding in the grocery store and beating your kids its not responsible, a little childish and proves my point that your'e an asshole who is only concerned about things when they directly affect him.