Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Oh no...now what do I do?


Colleen called Sunday evening. I called her back, four calls to her mobile phone and three to her apartment. She called me again today and told me she got a ticket. It's no big deal really, wrong way on a one way street. I've done it. She had a cop follow her, so she got a ticket.

I suggested she go to court. I will go with her and teach her how to "fight the system". I did this with Meredith and everyone needs to learn to defend themselves.

My concern is....with the awful things being said about me.........will this come back to be thrown in my face? I hope not. Colleen has never treated me badly. I told her recently how proud we are of her. She has two jobs and attends college. This is the first ticket she has ever had.

What should a father do? I asked Kelly. Do you think I have been "hard on my daughters?" She laughed at me. Should I yell at them or "ground" them for making simple mistakes? I have never believed in that. Still, maybe I have been too nice a guy. I just don't want to be accused of teaching them the wrong stuff. Like how to beat a ticket.

No comments: