Monday, October 6, 2008

Thanks Dad........again


Last Thursday night I was watching Baseball with Jack. The phone rang. It was Colleen. Her tire was "making a noise" on her drive home from work. I asked her where she was and drove to meet her.


Colleen did nothing wrong. I'm writing this to explain what a FATHER does for his children. There has been some Blog comments about me over at Meredith's site and, like FOX News, I want to be fair and balanced.


So I met Colleen in the parking lot. She has a 2005 Mini Cooper Convertible. Yes, Pam and I pay for it, and her car insurance, and the maintenance, which includes the run flat tires. It looked to me like her tire was flat. I drove her car home and she followed me in my car. I offered to let her drive our BMW home but she said no and I dropped her off at her Mom's.


The next day I called the tire guy. He told me to bring in the car and they would fix the flat if possible. I was working so I could not take the car to him. We agreed to drop it off on Saturday morning. Jack and I went to the tire store on Saturday. Jack likes the BIG tires and the the wheels. We dropped the car and went to Costco.


Later, I went back to pick up the car. Turns out it had two flat tires. One had been driven on too long and had a rip in the side wall. The other had a nail in it. They sold me one new run flat tire for $171.00 and fixed the flat for free. Jack and I drove to the "Red" car wash and had Colleen's car cleaned. Then I drove home and touched up the chips on the paint.


Finally, I took the car back to Colleen's apartment and parked it in the garage. All clean, New tires and ready to go. Colleen....oh she was out of town at a Lovefest with her sister. I'm sure Meredith was telling her what a "ass clown" I am as a father. Funny isn't it...unless your the father.

No comments: