Thursday, October 16, 2008

Catching up

I have been busy.

I went to Omaha on business and took some time to visit my old school and neighborhood. It was great, but not changed. In many ways that is bad. I moved from Omaha in 1960 and the place looks the same today. Only, much older. Still it was fun to see the stuff I remember from being a kid.

Omaha is very nice. The downtown area is cool and modern. It's very "Midwest". I saw mostly pick up trucks and very few BMW's. All the people were great. They are worried about the economy and the election.

The Election. I watched the last Presidential Debate. I am unchanged in my belief that neither iRock or MyCain can do the big job we need done to restore the economy and rebuild the American Brand. We need a real leader. Bill gates comes to mind. He is unemployed and a smart guy.

We had Birthday weekend. Jack and Pam had a good time. You can read Pam's comments below the Hippo Birdie post . See why I love her? She is there 100% on my side...she's got my back. I can count on her. I was disappointed in Meredith. She ignored the birthdays. Nothing for Pam or Jack...No Card, no call, certainly no gift. Jack kept asking if Meredith or Colleen were coming to his party. We cut the cake without them. I told him they were busy....maybe next year Jack. Maybe.

BIRTHDAY UPDATE - Colleen stopped by last night to bring Jack a gift. She gave him walkie talkies. He loved them and ran around calling her. Colleen stayed for dinner and after we ate Colleen was saying she had to leave. Jack came up to her and said, "you can take your walkie talkie with you". He wanted her to be able to talk with him after she was gone. I almost cried and even Colleen was touched by this boy. I really think he and Colleen have a bond.

The Dodgers lost. I was hoping to see them beat the Red Soxs in the World Series. Jack and I watched the game. It was sad. Maybe next year Jack. Maybe

My arm is fixed. It was broken at the wrist and I took my Cast off. I think I am healed. I have been working the sponge ball to regain my grip.....

No comments: